Declaration Of Faith
Declaration Of faith
- The Bible is the true Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost.
- There is one true and living God, eternally existing in three persons; that these are equal in every divine perfection.
- In God, the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love.
- In Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. Jesus was crucified, buried and raised from the dead. He ascended into heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- The Holy Ghost came forth from the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower all that believe in Jesus Christ.
- All men are sinners by nature and are therefore, under condemnation and those who repent of their sins and trust Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
- Holiness is God’s standard of living for His people.
- The ministry and baptism of the Holy Ghost empowers and enables the Christian to live a holy life in this present world.
- The operation of the gifts of the Spirit through the Body of Christ as He wills.
- Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water into the name of the triune God.
- Christ instituted the Lord’s Supper for commemoration of His death.
- Resurrection of the dead to either eternal life with Jesus Christ for the saved and eternal damnation in hell for the unbelieving lost.
- In the local church consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, assembled for worship, study, prayer and fellowship.
- God the Father
We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully with the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all that come to Him through Jesus Christ.
I Kings 8:27, John 4:24, 17:1-3, 3:16, Isaiah 6:3, Acts 15:8, Jeremiah 32:17,27, I John 4:8,16
- Jesus Christ
We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, and ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth.
John 3:16, Luke 1:35, Matthew 1:23, II Corinthians 5:21, Romans 5:8, Mark 16:6, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 8:34
- The Holy Spirit
We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower all that believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide.
John 16:7-13, 3:5-6, II Thessalonians 2:13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 12:12-13
We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; that these are equal in every divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption.
Genesis 1:1-3, 26, John 8:58, 17:11, Psalm 139:6-10
- The Church
We believe the church is the living, spiritual body of Christ of which He is the head and all those saved by God’s grace are the members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible profession of faith, and associated for worship, work and fellowship. We believe that God has laid upon the members of the local church the primary task of giving the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
Colossians 1:18, Acts 2:41-42, Mark 16:15, Hebrews 10:25
- The word of god
We believe that the Word of God is fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts. It was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:21
We believe that all men are sinners by nature and by choice are, therefore, under condemnation. We believe that Holy Spirit regenerates those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior.
Romans 3:23, Romans 10:9-10, 13
- Last Days
We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His Kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal happiness of the righteous, and the endless suffering of the wicked.
Acts 1:10-11, Revelation 21:1-2, I Corinthians 15:35-50, II Corinthians 5:10, Revelation 21:3-8
We believe that Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer into water in the name of the triune God. Baptism is our outward profession of our faith in Jesus Christ.
Mark 1:9-11, Matthew 28:19
- Lord’s Supper
We believe that Jesus Christ instituted the Lord’s Supper for commemoration of His death. We observe the Lord’s Supper on the first Sunday of every month.
I Corinthians 11:24-34
We believe that tithing is the monetary method used to meet the daily operation of the Church. The tithe given is a tenth of one’s annual income. We do not view tithing as a law, but rather a principle that is used to guide our giving to the Lord and His service.
Genesis 28:22, Leviticus 27:30, Malachi 3:8, Hebrews 7:2
We believe that the offering given by the believer is giving that flows spontaneously, expressing devotion to the Lord. It is not a gift given out of a sense of duty, nor to win promised blessings. The offering is that amount that goes beyond the tithe.
II Corinthians 9:6-7